Thanks for showing your support for The Gourmet Dad again, and for leaving tons of comments across social media. I love reading your blog ideas and I’ve noticed a definite theme in the post requests: easy, delicious dinners. Last month I shared 3 Quick and Easy Weeknight Meals, and today I want to follow up with another simple option that’s on heavy rotation in the McDermott household: 15 Minute Lemon Chicken.
This dish is a great weeknight option because it’s flavorful, quick, and healthy. I like to serve it with some cubed potatoes but it would also work well with rice or any vegetable dish of your preference. Whichever veggie you use, be sure to toss it in your skillet after the chicken has cooked. Pan frying your chicken thighs will create yummy crusty bits on the bottom of the skillet that become the flavor foundation for a simple sauce. Genius.
15 Minute Lemon Chicken
- 1 lb chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 3 lemons, 1 sliced and 2 juiced
- fresh chopped parsley (optional)
1. Cover the chicken thighs with plastic wrap and pound each piece lightly.
2. Season the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning, dredge in flour and shake off any excess.
3. Melt the butter over medium high heat, and pan-fry the chicken until golden brown (about 3 minutes per side).
4. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
5. Add lemon slices to the pan and brown them, about 2 minute per side. Set aside.
6. Add the chicken stock and honey to your skillet and reduce until it coats the back of a spoon.
7. Add 1 1/2 pounds of boiled cubed potatoes to the reduced sauce and toss the potatoes lightly in the sauce.
8. Place chicken on top of the potatoes, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, drizzle with lemon juice and serve right out of the pan.
Pro tip: for a little kick, sprinkle with a teaspoon of dried chili flakes.
Outside of weeknight dinners, what other recipes do you guys want to see here? Let me know below.
Image Source: As Easy As Apple Pie